Social Media Marketing
Social Media is one of the most cost-effective ways to connect with your customers. Social Media Marketing is not just optional, it is absolutely necessary if your business expects to compete in the emerging social era.
- People Prefer Social Sites: Despite the fact that social media is less than a decade old, over 50% of consumers that follow a local business on social media, rate the social media site as MORE useful than the website!
- Social Media is Trusted: Another reason consumers pick a social media site like Facebook above that of an independent website is that people trust word of mouth marketing more than they do online advertising. When asked which is a better source of information, half the consumers felt social media posts by others were a good way to discover new products and services, try out brands, watch trends and learn about businesses.
- Social Media Sells: Not only do consumers trust social media word of mouth marketing but, according to the recently published State of Digital Marketing Report, 68% of online marketers have generated leads from Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, and 55% have closed deals from social media leads.
Social Media Campaigns Work
The emails are pouring in and the phones are ringing. Local businesses are starting to REALLY pay attention to what is going on through social media. People are making their buying decisions by what they see on social media and what their friends say. Research is being done there first. Opinions are being sought there first. If you, as a business of any size, are not there, you are losing . . . period!
It is not enough to just get users to your site. You have to keep them, own them and make them loyal to your business. When you do this they will return, which gets you more traffic, loyalty and of course sales.
What Makes a Social Media Campaign Work?
- Consistency is Key: Posting content on your social media sites creates exposure and increased visibility. However, it is important to continue feeding the masses new material or else they will get bored. Is your content engaging enough to make viewers stay? The only way to ensure return visits is to continuously post new information for your audience to digest. This will keep them interested and willing to come back for more.
- Post Frequently: There is nothing worse than a stagnant site. You want to be in your prospects’ social media feed often enough that you are anticipated, but not too much where you become pesky. Post a minimum of 5 times per week. Post 7 days and your engagement will go up.
- Be Succinct: Posts that are between 100 and 250 characters (less than 3 lines of text) see about 60% more likes, comments and shares than posts greater than 250 characters.
- Post Images & Video . . . BUT NOT TOO MANY! Yes, people love pictures & video, but people love GOOD CONTENT more. Although critical for viewer attraction, pictures & video are not going to sell long term and will not build relationships. Pictures & video will get some engagement and new likes, but you will never get them ‘married’ to your brand. We recommend doing pictures & video 10-15% of your entire feed. Make sure CONTENT is what is driving your marketing plan.
- Ask questions but not more than a few per week: Encourage fan interaction by asking open-ended questions. Get input and feedback about products and services.
- Include your call to action early: Let your fans know how to engage with your content. Should they like the post? Share with friends? Comment? Answer a question?
- Share Posts from Fans: Recognize your fans’ contributions by responding to high quality, relevant user-generated content that shows your fans know your brand and are passionate about it.
- Don’t be Too Promotional: If you are using social media as purely a promotional tool, you could be actually hurting your business. While social networks are great places to market your enterprise, they are also great for fostering conversations and becoming more relatable to consumers. Marketers should create a plan to balance content types so that consumers can expect more from a company than simply the latest sale update.
- Posting Promotional Posts: Position your business as a hero or problem solver. Highlight a specific product or service feature or the convenience factor, and the impact it made. Deliver value to fans by posting limited-time offers or coupons.
Content Marketing is Key to Growing Your Local Business
Creating and distributing online content is a powerful medium to communicate with your target audience online. Content marketing involves using the “pull” method to reach your market without any hard selling. Content marketing is a great way to create new viewers and to keep older ones coming back.
Online Content is powerful because it:
- Builds Brand Awareness and Loyalty
- Increases Credibility, Authority and Trust
- Drives Website Traffic
- Boosts Conversion Rates
- Ultimately Increases Sales and Profits
Do You Have a Social Media Presence . . . Really?
Many of our clients told us they initially started with social media to make information more accessible and to engage and interact with their customers, patients or clients. But when all was said and done . . . They only updated once per month, or worse, less often! Their endeavor into social media had turned into a big disappointment.
In fact, you may be realizing that YOU do not currently have a social media presence. While this might not seem like an immediate big problem to you . . . it is! It is causing you to lose business to your competitors!
According to a recent Nielsen Report:
- Over 56% of all Americans have a profile on a social media site
- 53% of social media users research companies through social channels before making purchases
- 74% choose to do business based on online feedback from those channels
- 88% of companies are using social media for marketing purposes
Your prospects and present customers are looking for you in social networks. By not optimizing your online social presence, you are giving the cold shoulder to prospects who are willing to be customers, and customers who would be loyal fans.
Today’s successful businesses are using social media to warm up their prospects and then convert them as well as nurture their current customers.
Social Media Content Delivery Service
At First Page Corporation, we are experts at social media marketing. Our Social Media Content Delivery Service will have your company’s social media presence in great shape in a very short time. Your business’ credibility and exposure in the market place will increase.
How we do it:
- Our team will post relevant, well researched, engaging and entertaining content on your behalf. As an active participant in social media, your company’s visibility will increase, showcasing your expertise and establishing your business as a market leader.
- Our team will post daily to your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media accounts so that you maintain top-of-mind awareness with prospects and they think of your business when it is time to buy.
Social media is a task intensive online marketing effort. It requires daily hours and can be a full time job on its own. Don’t let it distract you from your core business. Call or Text today and let First Page Corporation do your social media content posting. Let us do the hard work for you and free you up to focus on what you do best, providing your excellent products and services to your customers, patients or clients.
There is one word that encapsulates all of this. That is ENGAGEMENT. Engage your visitors and they will be with you. They will be loyal and will watch your back. Remember they are your leads and your audience. You need to capture, build and nurture them. In return, your traffic, rankings and sales will continually grow.
Your customers are on social media, you should be too.