Your Online Reputation
First things first . . . Online Reputation Marketing for your business has never meant more than it does today. It is now a whole new era for marketing and advertising. The old ways are no longer effective. Businesses that are securing their online reputation now are becoming today’s new market leaders. Those that are not are simply fading away. It is all about reviews, reviews, reviews.
If you have bad reviews OR no reviews OR stale reviews online and you are spending precious dollars for any type of advertising or marketing, you are throwing your money away. None of it works anymore with negative or no reviews. You are literally paying to direct your potential customers, patients and clients to view your negative reviews or to see that you do not have any reviews at all. You are paying to drive customers away!
Why spend another cent on advertising if you do not have a 5 Star Reputation?
Proven Statistics show:
- Only 2% of consumers are likely to use a business that has no rating at all
- 80% of people surveyed had changed a purchase decision due to a bad review they saw online
- 72% of consumers trust an online review as much as if it came from a personal friend
- A single negative online review can cost the average business a loss of over 30 of its current customers
- A half-star improvement in ratings can increase business by 19%
- 80% said they would not purchase a service or product if the most recent review they saw was negative
The Internet Changed Everything
Back in the day, when customers were dissatisfied, the majority would just write it off and simply not work with the business again. Some would seek a remedy and try to get satisfaction from the business. A very small number would take matters to the Better Business Bureau or a state regulatory or licensing authority. The point is . . . none of this made any headlines, therefore no one knew.
The old saying “a dissatisfied customer will tell 20 people, while a satisfied customer will rarely tell anyone” caused businesses a minor sting now and then. It may have been true then . . . BUT NOT ANYMORE!
With the emergence of review sites such as Yelp, Google Reviews, Insider Pages and dozens of others (along with all the social media networks), local business owners are more vulnerable than ever before to having their business affected by reviews. Now, with universal access to the Internet, anyone can easily say anything, at any time, from any place, about any business, whether it is true or not. A bad rating, review or comment can be seen by tens of thousands of customers and literally obliterate your reputation and affect your ability to get new customers for years to come.
Adversaries to Your Business
Adversaries can cost you customers, friendships and future business partners. Who are they?
They could be a malicious competitor or a disgruntled employee. They could be a jealous colleague or someone with a bone to pick or a chip on their shoulder, looking to stain your reputation. More often, though, it is “that one customer.”
Who hasn’t at least encountered that one customer who was absolutely impossible to satisfy, regardless of your efforts? The customer that feels compelled to warn the world by posting negative reviews or even trying to get you on one of those rip off reports.
Customers who feel they have been treated poorly will find an outlet to vent their frustration. If they can’t express their feelings to you, they will do it on the Internet for everyone to see.
Reviews Have a Compounding Effect
Consider how many potential customers are turned off by seeing either bad reviews, no reviews or stale reviews. They move on and are lost business to you. Now consider the number of new customers you would get if more good reviews were posted about your business.
Well imagine what it would be like if you had a stellar Five Star Reputation, with more good reviews than your competitors. It would make you The Market Leader.
Remember that Google wants to give its users the most relevant and best user experience it can. Customer reviews have now become a major factor in the search engine results for your business. The more reviews, and the higher quality and freshness of those reviews, will rank you higher and increase your visibility.
First Page Corporation’s online reputation marketing and management strategy has proven to be the most effective. Here is how we do it.
Your business reputation is continuously monitored:
- As soon as a review is posted online about your business you are alerted
- Positive comments can be used to maximize marketing efforts
- Any potential problem can be dealt with immediately, before getting out of hand
- All staff members can be informed so they know what is being said before dealing with prospects and customers
We help you build your business reputation with an aggressive campaign for feedback, testimonials and reviews:
- We help your customers leave feedback about their experience with your business
- Customers giving positive feedback are given an easy way to leave a great review on the Internet at select review sites (Google Reviews, Yahoo Local Reviews, Yelp, Insider Pages, Citysearch and many others)
- Customers who may not wish to set up any review accounts are directed to your business’s review page where they can leave their glowing testimonial
- Unhappy customers are sent to a page that only goes to you so you can review any negative feedback. This is very important as it allows the customer to vent. As the business owner you want to know if there may be an internal problem that needs immediate attention. It also allows you to respond and show the customer that you care, many times turning an unsatisfied customer into a happy customer.
We market your reputation online:
Your 5 Star Reviews are marketed on the internet so that your business stands out to potential customers. This is where you really shine as the “Go to Company” – the Market Leader- and rise above your competition.
We market your reviews on:
- your website
- your social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- social photo sites (Flickr, Photobucket)
- video sites (YouTube, Dailymotion)
We help you develop a Reputation Culture:
A question we get asked a lot is; “how do I get everyone on board to make this work?” It is so important that everyone in your company knows the plan.
- As part of our reputation building strategy we have developed a system that trains, checks and certifies each employee. Your staff will understand the importance of your reputation efforts and how it affects your business’s bottom line (including what to do, what not to do and what part everyone plays).
- “Build a Five Star Reputation” will become your business mantra.
You can see that online reputation marketing isn’t just something to think about tinkering with. It is something you absolutely must do. It must become a top priority and the culture of your company with everyone on board. Companies that intend to continue to compete for consumer business must have an online reputation marketing strategy. At First Page Corporation, we can show you how. Text or give us a call.
Having a solid online reputation is crucial to the success of local businesses. A business with a high star rating and golden reviews has the potential to win the lion’s share of customers.
Influential review sites can change the fortunes of small businesses . . . for better or for worse. And it is only just beginning.
The bottom line is: Your online reputation is truly a valuable asset. Your online reputation IS your reputation. People make buying decisions based on the reviews of others.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you will do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
Free Reputation Report
Click here for your Free Reputation Report