Pay Per Click (PPC) is an Internet advertising model used on search engines, advertising networks, and content sites such as blogs, where advertisers pay their host only when their ad is clicked on. When used on search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. When used on content sites, advertisers commonly are charged a fixed price per click rather than using a bidding system.
Websites that utilize PPC ads will display an advertisement when a user’s keyword search matches an advertiser’s keyword list, or when a content site displays relevant content. Such advertisements are called sponsored links or sponsored ads. They appear adjacent to or above organic results on search engine result pages, or anywhere a web developer chooses on a content site.
Re-marketing or re-targeting, a specialized type of PPC is having the ability to have your ads displayed to your website visitors after they have left and visit other sites.
There are two models of Pay Per Click:
- Flat-Rate PPC Model: In the flat-rate model, the advertiser and publisher agree upon a fixed amount that will be paid for each click.
- Bid-Based PPC Model: In the bid-based model, the advertiser signs a contract that allows them to compete against other advertisers in a private auction hosted by a publisher or, more commonly, an advertising network. Each advertiser informs the host of the maximum amount that they are willing to pay for a given ad spot (often based on a keyword), usually using online tools to do so. The auction plays out in an automated fashion every time a visitor triggers the ad spot. Although many PPC providers exist, Google AdWords and Yahoo! Bing Network are the largest network operators and each operates under a bid-based model.
- Google AdWords: AdWords is Google’s flagship advertising product and main source of revenue ($67.4 billion in 2015). AdWords offers pay-per-click advertising and site-targeted advertising for both text and banner ads. The AdWords program includes local, national, and international distribution. Google’s text advertisements are short, consisting of one headline, a display URL and two description text lines. Image ads can be one of several different Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard sizes.
- Bing Ads: Bing Ads is a keyword-based pay-per-click or sponsored search internet advertising service provided by the Yahoo! Bing Network. The Yahoo! Bing Network is a combined advertising marketplace made up of Yahoo! (formerly Yahoo! Search Marketing), Bing Ads (formerly Microsoft adCenter) and other syndicated partner sites and networks.
PPC Management Campaign
First Page Corporation’s PPC Management includes the devising of PPC programs and creation of PPC banners and text ads, ensuring increased click-through rates and signups. A pay-per-click campaign is managed with a four-fold method:
- Search for right keywords: Using the various SEO tools, the search engine optimizer prepares the list of keywords and related words that help in promoting your business, products and services.
- Management of PPC bid management: Every business is unique and therefore requires special attention. For this it is necessary to bid on keywords that will help in accelerating your business activity.
- Making Ad copy: It is advisable to make ad copy that attracts, informs and converts your visitor into a buyer.
- PPC ROI Tracking and Analysis: The project delivery manger provides periodic reports that help in knowing the success of the PPC management campaign.
Pay Per Click Marketing Advantages
You only pay for clicks. With traditional advertising, you end up paying a huge amount for media exposure to a much to wide audience. You are unable to target users based on actual search and intent. With PPC, your business gets exposed to a targeted audience and you pay only when someone actually clicks on your ads. If we are displaying your phone number in the ad, we can generate FREE calls. You do not get charged when someone calls your phone number, only if they click on the ad. Also with Re-Marketing, you get the ability to target those who have visited your website when they visit other websites, keeping your business top of mind and enhancing your brand’s exposure.
Need instant traffic? Call or text First Page Corporation and let our professionals take care of your PPC needs.